RAPINJUSTICE

stop bitin' while i'm rhyme writin'/ or we'll be like fighting ... mike tyson.
RAPINJUSTICE IS NOW A PUBLIC SERVICE: STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES
It might not even be good, but it's still RAP
Something for everyone, but not everything for someone
A HIP HOP TRAINWRECK: THE BEST OF THE WORST
Filling the cracks in the sidewalk of online rap

Friday, May 05, 2006

Is O-Face guy having the Best Week Ever?



I was watching ESPN the other day and I saw this guy in two, count 'em TWO commercials. Back to back, no less. He's one of the guys in the Coors ice chest commercial where they cut off the bride's head from the ice sculpture at a wedding reception to chill their beer, and then some commercial for Chili's or TGIFridays where everyone yells "Beef." Yeah, don't ask. Nice to see O-Face getting some work, though.

Music (music, music, music) makes the bourgeoisie and the rebel.

El Michels Affair - Walk on By This is from one of those Ubiquity series Rewind! comps, number 5. El Michels Affair has been chillin, doing shows on XM Radio with Wu-Tang, for instance. I don't really know too much about them but the world can always use another good funk/rap band, even if it is French. The song is a cover of "Walk on By," oh, but not just any "Walk on By." It's a cover of Isaac Hayes' rendition of the song, which is credited to planting the creative seeds that would eventually become Portishead, and indirectly, create the cringeworthy term "trip hop." Awesome.

GLC - Chi State of Mind I'm sure I've posted this song before, and I think it's been around the Internets. Oh well. This is straight from the single, not some mixtape. I think it's produced by A-Trak, if I can recall correctly. A-Traaaaaaaain!

8 Ball and MJG - Ridin' High Has this been on the Net for a while? I've been sleeping. All I know is that they keep yelling Bad Boy South. Maybe this is old news, but Bad Boy has to be doing the worst job at jumping on this South bandwagon. Didn't they lose Young Jeezy to Atlantic, when they had Boyz in Da Hood before anyone?


Meeting of the Minds. "Side by side, you are my amigo, negro."


Oh, God. Meeting of the Minds. "You are black and I am white, life's an Eskimo Pie, let's take a bite."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home