RAPINJUSTICE

stop bitin' while i'm rhyme writin'/ or we'll be like fighting ... mike tyson.
RAPINJUSTICE IS NOW A PUBLIC SERVICE: STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES
It might not even be good, but it's still RAP
Something for everyone, but not everything for someone
A HIP HOP TRAINWRECK: THE BEST OF THE WORST
Filling the cracks in the sidewalk of online rap

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wu-Tang Temporarily...



El Michels Affair feat. Raekwon - PJs remix
Plastic Little feat. Ghostface - Crambodia

Better than Wu-Tang Never... right? I saw Raek, Deck, GZA and Mr. Golden Arms U-God himself on Saturday night, backed by El Michels Affair, a 12 piece funk band (so they claim... i counted about 7 members on stage). Like always, they took forever to get on stage, albeit they were just anchoring the production competition that took place earlier that evening. The backpacks were in full effect, as the super rap nerds came to see the "select" members of Wu while on the other side of town, Trae and Clipse apparently set up shop and attracted, let's just say, the "CMJ Demographic." I heard it was good, though. But so was the Wu show. They tore it down with the live band. Anyway, this El Michels Affair shit is pure cut dope (Chef, get it?), and one of the nicest things I've heard in a minute.

How much money is Ghost making off making appearances on trendy Spank Rock-ish albums? Speaking of "CMJ Demographic".... I thought he was still gangsta, adding back the "Killah" to his name, but I have my doubts now. I wonder how much he knows the Canada/Falcon/fish posturing worked in some ironic-pseudo ignorant hip way (a la Dipset, but he can rap). Like the audio-version of BAPE here. Man. I'm not too mad at this track though. OK, I am. But anger makes me forget that I'm deeply insecure. Rawr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home