RAPINJUSTICE

stop bitin' while i'm rhyme writin'/ or we'll be like fighting ... mike tyson.
RAPINJUSTICE IS NOW A PUBLIC SERVICE: STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES
It might not even be good, but it's still RAP
Something for everyone, but not everything for someone
A HIP HOP TRAINWRECK: THE BEST OF THE WORST
Filling the cracks in the sidewalk of online rap

Thursday, October 12, 2006

28/30: Press Pray



P Diddy - Testimonial

P Diddy - We Gon Make It (not a Jadakiss cover)
P Diddy - P Diddy Rock
P Diddy - Wanna Move

There was a time in my life that I deplored acts such as Puff Daddy and Jay-Z. "No," said the former me. "Not Reasonable Doubt, but Vol. 1 and 2 are wack shit." Fast forward to 2006, I just copped Press Play off the internets and it's ok. I redownloaded No Way Out (I owe you a ten, Diddy) and found myself enjoying most of it. Even the powerful "All About the Benjamins" that ruled my junior high school dances enchanted my Jurassic 5-loving ass (heh) at the time. But a backpacker's gotta growned up, and here I am, bumping a P Diddy song that samples Tears for Fears. The Swollen Members must be so disappointed in me.

"We Gon Make It" has like, the same horns as that first Jay-Z leaked single. You can scroll down a few posts to compare notes. Damn, the mainstream is gonna catch onto sample spotting finally, because of these two fools. Good job, Just Blaze. (Fun Fact: RAPINJUSTICE began as a weak ass "sample biter" blog, you can check the archives)

"Testimonial" flips Tears for Fears, the song that was in Donnie Darko, "P Diddy Rock" has an a pretty good Timbaland beat and Shawnna and Twista ripping the blistering track, "Wanna Move" has Big Boi, Scar and Ciara. The last two tracks sound suspiciously similar as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home