RAPINJUSTICE

stop bitin' while i'm rhyme writin'/ or we'll be like fighting ... mike tyson.
RAPINJUSTICE IS NOW A PUBLIC SERVICE: STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES
It might not even be good, but it's still RAP
Something for everyone, but not everything for someone
A HIP HOP TRAINWRECK: THE BEST OF THE WORST
Filling the cracks in the sidewalk of online rap

Sunday, October 01, 2006

16/30: (Not) Bangers and Mash (Ups)



Amp Live (of Zion I) - Crazy Aerials (Atmosphere and System of a Down)

Amp Live (of Zion I) - Ring It (Mobb Deep and the White Stripes)
7L (of 7L & Esoteric) - White Stripes/Outkast
7L (of 7L & Esoteric) - Three 6 Mafia/Ladytron

Let's jump on the bandwagon, guys!

Did you guys know DJ Muggs (of Soul Assassins fame) has a Mashup show on Sirius? It's on Shade45 and it's called Mashup Mondays. I haven't heard it because I don't own a Sirius radio (who does?), but I bet it sucks. Because I've heard DJ Muggs' "mashups" and they just marry the newest rock tracks (Velvet Revolver, the White Stripes) with some random rap acapella. Sometimes he'll throw in a loop of some played-the-fuck-out classic rock track (Queen, Led Zeppelin) too.

The mere fact that the BPMs match up, does not mean they were made to be coupled, Muggs. Please, I beg of you, to stop. Because you've created a trend. Just like Hollertronix and DJ Z-Trip had former scratch nerds gearing up to "rock the party" through the combination of club and electro tracks with rock, rap, oldies and crazy ass shit like MIA and Baile Funk, you, DJ Muggs, have a following as well. And you have created a new style of mashup in America, one similar to the movement in Europe a few years back, of sticking together any two tracks that are remotely the same speed. I don't care if Yung Joc matches up with Panic! at the Disco. I don't care if Ludacris and the Red Hot Chili Peppers have the same beats per minute. I totally get it now when people say art isn't subjective, because your shit sucks. Now you got kiddies whining all over the nation, essentially staring at your retarded aural collage scoffing, "Pfft, I can do that." And now we're left with supposed backpacker producers joining together Atmosphere and System of a Down. Fuck this, I'm going to listen to some Weird Al.

P.S. By the way, do you notice that even between these two guys up here, they can't even keep themselves from jacking the same White Stripes track? I bet they thought they were being "clever" by not using "Seven Nation Army" too

P.P.S. Oh, and whoever is the music director at the Golden State Warriors games is pretty hip to mashups, I've heard him or her throw down some esoteric shit. Props, whoever you are, to at least being aware, even if the shit you play is kinda ehhh.

P.P.P.S. I kinda like that Ladytron/Three 6 Mafia thing. It sounds almost exactly like some Hollertronix shit though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home