RAPINJUSTICE

stop bitin' while i'm rhyme writin'/ or we'll be like fighting ... mike tyson.
RAPINJUSTICE IS NOW A PUBLIC SERVICE: STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES
It might not even be good, but it's still RAP
Something for everyone, but not everything for someone
A HIP HOP TRAINWRECK: THE BEST OF THE WORST
Filling the cracks in the sidewalk of online rap

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

They didn't like Queen either. Or King Missile.


My folks were never big Prince fans (who knows though, maybe my mom dressed up as Sheila E one Halloween), therefore I wasn't one myself. But I grew to love me some "Erotic City" and when I heard some of that pansy stuff ("When Doves Cry," "Little Red Corvette," "Raspberry Beret") I used to dig a lot.

Some other favorites are "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" and "Nothing Compares 2 U."

But man, he's CRAZY. I mean, even the crazy Chappelle Story anecdotes aside. Just peep this story that came out today about how Prince painted on his rented mansion and wrote "3121" on the walls in purple paint. On a house that just so happens to be owned by Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer.
According to the lawsuit, Prince/MPG Music violated its eight-month lease by "painting the exterior of the [house] with purple striping, 'prince' symbol, and numbers 3121." Prince's new album, "3121," is scheduled for release tomorrow. Inside the home, among other renovations, a purple monogrammed carpet was installed in the master bedroom and plumbing and piping was added in the downstairs bedroom "for water transfer for beauty salon chairs."

(Link)

Also... yes. ALSO. I was looking at YouTube (my favorite site, for now) and I came across this amazing story from Kevin Smith (of "Dogma" and "Clerks" fame) about him directing a Prince documentary that went awry. Too bad YouTube took it down. It was like a 30 minute story about how fuckin crazy this guy is, and how he thinks he can do anything he wants in the world. (Damn, this post doesn't really have that umph it did with the YouTube videos, if you want to check it out I think it's on the DVD entitled "An Evening with Kevin Smith") So uh, here is ... Kevin Smith ... on ... Space Ghost.



(This ep also features rap connoisseur and sometimes director Jim Jarmusch)

And also, something from Prince! Lemme see here... Prince ... Prince ... Price, Vincent ... Princess Diana ... hmm ... Prince!



Sort of. Well, at least I can say I've never linked to anything this embarrassing before. Oh wait, I did post about Kidz Bop a while back. Damn.

Here's a cut off that Balance album featuring Casual. Is he trying to pull an MC Hammer and ride this Hyphy wave til it stops? Actually, it's more like he's hiding behind a hyphy rock and periodically comes out to spit a verse on deaf ears.

Oh yeah, E-A-Ski is pretty bad, except for a handful of beats.

Balance feat. Casual - Look

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home